July 2018

Recruitment time is almost upon us! We are getting so excited to meet all the wonderful girls who decide to rush into UTA’s CPH community. A few words of advice for girls who are thinking or are going to go through recruitment!

Have an open mind. It’s so easy to have your mind set on where you want to go. There could be parts of yourself that fit into a home you didn’t even realize you needed. Sometimes things don’t work out and you end up falling in love with a whole new or different chapter. There are awesome girls in every house here at UTA, so coming in with an open mind to all will allow yourself to have the best rush experience with every one of them.

Be yourself!! The best way to ensure that you wind up where you’re suppose to be is by staying true to yourself. This sisterhood is for a lifetime, and you should never enter that bond by being anything less then who you are inside and out.

Recruitment week is such a fun week, and you will be running home before you know it with a bunch of girls you will get to call your sisters! Greek life is an opportunity to experience so many great things and to get involved. I would recommend it to anyone. I wish you all the best of luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor.

May 2018

The month may, love/hate relationship. Love it because it means school is almost over but hate it since the workload from school somehow seems to double while the procrastination just seems to get worse and worse. Besides all the L’s that were taken this past semester let’s talk about the W’s. Alpha chi is on the road to success, winning the VP of Risk Management award, the VP of Public Relations and Marketing award from Headquarters, AND the Intramural trophy for the 6th time.

Some of your favorite gals got recognized by UTA for their strong leadership they show on campus, Congrats to our VP of Intellectual Development, Hannah Sligar, for winning the Maverick Leadership Scholarship and Outstanding Student Leader award AND another congrats to our very own Madam President, Meaghan Harraghy for winning the Dr. Wayne Duke outstanding Student Leader award and Scholarship (the TOP student leader award at UTA).

Now to focus on kicking butt at recruitment and welcome fall 18!!

April 2018

Being involved on campus is something Alpha Chi’s take a lot of pride in, this month I really want to highlight all the WIN’S for intramurals that were made. Being active, healthy, and going out to support your fellow alpha chi’s is what we love!!

Shout out to all the girls who would go out and kick butt at every intramural game HELPING WIN FOUR Intramural championships especially to our Intramural chair, Mariah Meyer, who has been an amazing leader! And to my other peeps on the sideline who cheer and shout for every success made, you’re just as valued as the players.

In order: Soccer, Softball, Basketball, and Volleyball!!! WOOHOO

March 2018

WOO HOO, we’ve made to the end of march!!! Hands down, March is the best month of the spring semester because of spring break AND OUR 5K!!!! If you didn’t already see the trillions of posts from the 5k on March 24th, safe to say you missed out. Huge thank you to those who came out and participated, I was extremely happy to see everyone who survived spring break AND the dreadful week of school that came after.

For those of you who are really interested about what our philanthropy is about, here are the basics. Despite what some of the community pay think, I WOULD LIKE TO ANNOUNCE that 75% of our proceeds go to Safehaven of Tarrant County while the other 25% of the money goes to the foundation. The Alpha Chi Omega foundation has a mission that supports the educational and philanthropic purposes through effective fundraising and stewardship of financial resources. With that being said, we get educated to help educate those around us. Each school in every different state has their own different ways towards helping raise awareness to end domestic violence & sexual assault.

With Epsilon Lambda at UTA, our 2 major events are Casino Night which is held during the month of November in the Fall semester and our Paint the Campus Purple 5k held in March during the Spring semester. Both of these events take months in planning that help bring happiness to those in need, VP of philanthropy your work does not go unnoticed, ever.